"Our 600 members range in age from 18 to 102."
"The bust of our founder (over the School’s Lower Hall doorway) was originally placed at the Vinefields site to mark Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897."
"A former pupil William Young (1822-86) became the adopted son of King George of Tonga."
"A former pupil William Sancroft (1617-93) was Archbishop of Canterbury from 1677 to 1690, until he was sacked by the King!"
"A former pupil Edward Leeds was High Master of the School for 44 years (1663-1707)."
"Pupils were either Royalists (lived in Bury) or Foreigners (lived outside the town)."
"Students have worshipped at St. James’ Church (now St. Edmundsbury Cathedral) since 1550 as King Edward VI left money for it’s completion at the same time as founding the school."